- RT @TheMedievalDrK: Yes! Yes! Yes! Please have what I'm having and read this fantastic piece on books as material objects! https://t.co/fK… 1 day ago
- #allisticculture is treating "special interests" like a disease unless you can monetize them 1 day ago
- RT @IMissCarrie: #mysiblingstory is #allisticculture. (Which means it's ableist as hell.) #ActuallyAutistic 1 day ago
- #allisticculture is getting angry at an autistic person for not knowing what you mean when you don't even know what you mean 1 day ago
- #allisticculture is watching a film about a poet who graduated from Oberlin and claiming he can't "really" communicate. 1 day ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
In 2009, I started writing marketing copy for a living. It pays the bills, but it’s not all that exciting to write, and it certainly doesn’t captivate, inspire, or entertain the way my decades of non-paid fiction, satire, and short … Continue reading
Dermatographia’s intersectionally feministy lit crit can now be found at its author’s blog, http://danialexis.net. Also at the new address: book reviews, cats.
This post is a MUST-READ: Proof. “What’s that, all you lady scientists? Bias? I don’t know. Do you have PROOF?”
I watch TV at the gym sometimes, when I’m gasping for air and dizzy from trying to read Gillian Flynn’s GONE GIRL while on the treadmill. TV at the gym has no sound and rarely has closed-captions, so I have … Continue reading
I guess I’m not the only one working today, as there’s a fair bit of excellent reading in my RSS feed today. For instance: At Tiger Beatdown, s.e. smith says some very excellent things about freelancing, self-employment, and labor. At … Continue reading
“‘Yes, I know.’ Mr. Fairhead sighed. ‘It’s the one thing they’ve got to feel important about – that they’re white. It’s pitiful.’” -Willa Cather, Sapphira and the Slave Girl My first edition of Willa Cather’s Sapphira and the Slave Girl is an ex-library … Continue reading
Book Review: Anita Hill, Reimagining Equality. via Book Review: Anita Hill, Reimagining Equality.